Loleygaon Hill Station, Places To Visit In Lolegaon, Things To Do
Loleygaon, a beautiful hill station located in Indian state of West Bengal. The tourists visit this place throughout the year and Loleygaon Attracts with Greenish Lush and Trekking points. It has few tourist attractions like snow-covered roads, having a breathtaking view of Kanchenjunga. The destination in a small village which is 24 kilometres from Lava hill station and 250 kilometres away from Kalimpong hills. The hill station located at an altitude of about 1600 metres above the sea level and the destination attracts with waterfalls, eco-parks and peaks, and Historical forts. Sunrise and sunset are clearly visible from the hill.
- Summer: Loleygaon experiences placid summers and the temperature ranges between 18°C to 35°C. The summer starts from March and lasts until May. Tourists flock to the destination during this season.
- Monsoon: June to September months observed as the monsoon in Loleygaon. The climate remains cool and heavy rainfall occurs.
- Winter: The month of November marked starting of winter and lasts in February. During the period the average temperature recorded about 4 to 20-degree Celsius.
The Best Time to Visit Loleygaon in the winter season. The climate remains comfortable for sightseeing. Most of the travellers visit the destination in both winter and summer seasons. November to March considered as best months to explore the beauty of nature.
Attractions At Loleygaon Hill Station:
Loleygaon is a quiet and peaceful village surrounded by towering cypress and dhupi forests. It is a good place for nature lovers, bird watchers, and travellers also flowering plantations. This is the best place to spend time with your family. There is a hanging bridge in the uptown of Lolegaon, and one can view the endless forest from the top of the Bridge. you will cherish with Trekking through the forests and you can enjoy the nightly campfire.
There is a park called Eco-park attracts the travellers with small tea shops and photography points. One more attraction near the station is Canopy Walk, a long hanging wooden tree-top bridge that goes through the dense forest. Here the traveller can observe different varieties of birds, forest beauty. Jhandi Dara, Neora Valley Park, Rishyap VIP Bungalow View, Changey falls and Tea Estates are the other tourist attractions in the destination.
How To Reach:
Loleygaon Hill Station well connected to all the destinations in the state. Travellers can reach the destination via by air, train and roadways.
- By Air: The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport, located outside the Siliguri town. It is well connected to all major destinations in North India.
- By Train: New Jalpaiguri Station (NJP) is the nearest railway station 100 km away from the destination. The railhead well connected to New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata.
- By Road: Travellers can find a bus or private taxi at NJP or at Siliguri to reach Loleygaon. By road, you can experience the breathtaking views. Tourism department provides various packages to the travellers.
Loleygaon has some hotels to stay and government guest houses and rooms available to the travellers. Indian and Chinese food offer to the tourists which available at a low price.