Sulthan Bathery Hill Station, Places to Visit in Sulthan Bathery, Kerala
Sulthan Bathery previously called as Sulthan Battery. It located at Wayanad district of the South Indian state of Kerala. Sulthan Battery is a small village area in Kerala State at an altitude of 930 metres above the sea level. It was the part of Kidangandu Village used a military spot for Tippu Sultan. In this area forms rice product. The destination filled with many attractions like lavish vegetations, undulation hills, historic caves, jungle traits and twisty rivers. Every year thousands of hill station lovers visit the destination to enjoy the scenic beauty of nature and the hill station offers hiking and trekking activities to the adventurists.
The temperature in Sulthan Bathery Hill Station remains cool all the year around. Summer starts from the month of March and ends in Mid-June. During the period the temperature recorded of about 20 to 36-degree Celsius. June to September months received heavy rainfall due to greenish nature considered as Monsoon season in the destination. Winter Session starts from October and lasts until February months. During the period temperature ranges between 14 to 10 degree Celsius and the climate remains cool.
Best Time To Visit:
The destination always welcome the travellers. But generally, monsoon avoided by the tourists because of heavy rainfall. Winters are apt for sightseeing and it provides a beautiful scenic view of the hills. Hence Winter is the best season to explore Sulthan Bathery Hill Station also summer considered as the best.
Tourist Places and Things To Do in Sulthan Bathery Hill Station:
Sulthan Bathery Hill station has a many tourists attractions and a right destination for the nature lovers. It is treated as one of the most loved Hill Stations in Kerala offers wonderful views of the hills that lend a symbolic touch to the travellers. The destination offers Trekking, Climbing activities and attract the visitors with natural waterfalls. Jain Temple, Muthanga Forest, Thovarimala, Eddakal Caves, Ambalavayala, and etc are the attractions near the Hill station.
- Jain Temple: It is believed that temple built in the 13th century. Initially, the temple used as a holy place for Jains designed in Vijayanagar Architecture style later Tippu Sultan converted into a commercial place used for armed operations.
Chethalayam Falls: A beautiful waterfall located near to the destination and Surrounding lush greenery looked as an outstanding scene of nature. A perfect place for adventure lovers.
- Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary: The sanctuary is a home for rich varieties of flora and fauna. Attracts the travellers with endangered species.
- The museum, Mahaganapathy Temple, Churches and Eddakal caves are the remaining sightseeing places at the destination.
How To Reach Sulthan Bathery Hill station:
Sulthan Bathery Hill station well connected to all the destinations in the state. Travellers can reach the destination via by air, train and by road.
- By Air, the nearest airport located at Calicut called Calicut International Airport. Calicut well connected to all cities in Kerala. Regular flights run from Mumbai, Mangalore, Kolkata, Madurai, Trivandrum Pune and Hyderabad.
- By Train, Khozikode is the nearest railhead to the destination. Daily and weekly trains run to Khozikode from all major railheads in South India.
- By Road, KSRTC provides bus facilities to the Sulthan Battery. Private vehicles and jeeps available to reach.
Sulthan Bathery Hill station offers a wide range of Accommodation facilities to the tourists. Guest houses, lodges and food available to the travellers at an affordable price. Also, travellers can book the above facilities via online in Tourism website or others.